Your quest is over - you have found your dream wedding dress that will spot your big day just the way you imagined. However, the bridal fashion doesn’t end with a perfect fitting wedding gown. Bridal shapewear garments play an important role in making you feel supported, secured and confident on your big day.
Modern brides are not only concerned about feeling slim or “sucked in”. They also want to prevent their dresses from dimpling and creasing, and that’s where shapewear comes into play.
Here is a short guide for all the types of wedding gowns and appropriate shapewear for them.
1. Empire dress cinches under the bust line providing a high-waisted look and has a long loose fitting skirt that helps to lengthen the figure. This type of gown is great for most of the brides, especially for pear shapes that are looking to conceal the tummy area and emphasize the bust. Shapewear recommendation:Cysm High Compression Body Shaperwill flatten your abdomen, and give you an instant butt-lifting boost. Detachable straps and invisible zipper closure will ensure no-show-off flawless look.
2. Mermaid dress is a tight-fitting gown that hugs close to the figure through the torso and hips, creating a "fishtails" that’s utterly elegant. It looks the best on classic hourglass figures because it fits closely to the waist and hips. Shapewear recommendation: CYSM Legs and Tummy Control Full Body Shaperworks its magic from under your bust, down to above your knees, giving you a flawless figure! The high control design flattens your abdomen, sculpts and minimizes your legs, while still managing to give you a natural butt-lift.
3. A-Line Dressis a triangular structured dress, tight and fitted at the top and widening out from the bust or waist in a straight line to the hem. It stands away from the body to form the sides of the A. This style flatters to most body types. Shapewear recommendation: Cysm Ultra Compressive Waist Cincher provides a flawless smooth look keeping all your problem areas in check. The internal latex layer of the waist cincher stimulates thermal activity and perspiration in your core, giving your midsection an additional inch-trimming effect! This style is also strapless and you can pair it with your own bra and panty.
4. Ball Gown Dress resembles the A-Line dress, just the skirt creates a bit more extravagant look, and provides a massive and showy figure. It is a good style for certain body types, apart from the skirt size that sometimes can be inappropriate depending on the volume. Shapewear recommendation: The Thermal Firm-Compression Waist Cincher will draw attention to your midsection creating a well-defined waistline. The waist cincher is held in place by a 3-position internal hook closure that you can adjust as you drop sizes. The structural rods inside the garment offer a firm-compression effect that lengthens and slims down your torso. Besides the aesthetic enhancing features, the cincher has therapeutic benefits as well.
5. Slip-On Dress is a very sexy design that looks like an underslip or petticoat. This lingerie-inspired trend is usually cut on the bias to provide a subtle feminine fall. This style is an ideal choice if you are looking to accentuate your breasts and the hips. Shapewear Recommendation:The Ultra Flex Push-up Lace DetailedSlip follows your body’s natural curves, while comfortably moving with you, even in the tightest-fitting dresses. The invisible compression bands work seamlessly to flatten your abdomen, minimize your waist, and tone-up your thighs and hips, while the full back coverage eliminates unpleasant bulges or rolls.